How to measure your body
To ensure a comfortable fit, when measuring, hold tape snug (not tight) around the body.
- How to Measure Chest (Bust)
Stand with your feet together. Hold tape lightly and measure across fullest part of the chest, under arm and straight across the back.
- How to Measure Waist
Stand with your stomach in natural position; do not tuck in your stomach. Position the tape around the natural waist line (directly over the ribbon). Measure firm but not tight around the natural waistline and leave one finger under the tape so you can breathe in your dress.
- How to Measure Hips
Stand with your feet close together. Measure around the widest part of the hip line, at the top of the legs, around 7-9 inches below your natural waistline. (Ribbon mark)
- How to Measure Inseam
Measure along the inside leg from crotch to the bottom hem of the Pants or Trousers. For example take your favorite pants that fit well. Smooth the crease on front back. Lay the pants flat measure from the crotch to the hem of the leg.
- How to Measure Sleeve Length
With arm relaxed at your sides and slightly bent, measure from Center back neck, over shoulder point, down the outside of the arm to the wrist.
How to Determine Dress Size/Clothing Size
Once measurements are taken how to determine the correct clothing size? A good fit is not only looking great but feeling comfortable. The key to determine the the right fit or dress size is comparing your body measurements with the measurements from the size chart.
Determining Dresses, Tops, and Jackets Size
1. Dresses, tops, blouses, coats, and jackets sizes are determined by Chest (bust) measurement.
2. Choose your apparel size by selecting the bust measurement on the size chart that closely matches your bust
Determining Skirts and Slacks Size
1. Waist measurement determines skirts and pants size. Choose your size by selecting the waist measurement on the
size chart that closely matches your waist measurement.
2. If your Hips are larger than your waist than use your Hip measurement to select skirt or pants size.
Your Measurements are between Two Sizes
If your measruements fall between two sizes:
1. Choose the SMALLER SIZE if you are small boned or want a closer fit.
2. Choose a LARGER SIZE if you are large boned or prefer a looser fit.
Women's Clothing/Dress Size Chart
This is a general US woman's clothing size chart. There may be differences from store to store. The measurements in the size chart are in inches.